Tribal News Network

 Breaking News

National

Nawaz Sharif rejects NSC statement

Nawaz Sharif rejects NSC statement
May 15, 2018

PESHAWAR: Former prime minister Nawaz Sharif on Tuesday rejected the statement of the National Security Committee (NSC) condemning his remarks on the 2008 Mumbai attacks.

Talking to media persons at the Accountability Court hearing corruption cases against him in Islamabad, Nawaz Sharif said the NSC statement was painful and regrettable.

Nawaz Sharif has stated in an interview with Dawn newspaper: “Militant organisations are active. Call them non-state actors, should we allow them to cross the border and kill 150 people in Mumbai? Explain it to me. Why can’t we complete the trial?”

The NSC meeting was called on Nawaz Sharif’s statement on Monday which rejected the former PM’s statement.

“The participants observed that it was very unfortunate that the opinion arising out of either misconceptions or grievances was being presented in disregard of concrete facts and realities,” an official statement said after the NSC meeting.

Nawaz Sharif told journalists Tuesday that the NSC statement was not based on facts.

Nawaz also reiterated his demand for the formation of a national commission to ascertain facts. He had earlier made this demand on Monday while addressing a public rally in Buner. Nawaz had also stated that the people terming him disloyal to the country should face the court of public.

The former PM said the issue of Pakistan’s isolation was earlier raised at a civil-military meeting, which was turned into DawnLeaks.

Comments

Related Articles

FEATURES & INTERVIEWS – LATEST

Fata Reforms

TDPs

Archives

May 2018
M T W T F S S
« Apr    
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031