- Karak Police Fire Teargas Shells To Disperse Women ProtestersKARAK, 24 January: A large number of women on Tuesday blocked the Indus Highway in [...]
- Nisar Orders Inquiry Into Parachinar Blast Despite Prior WarningsPESHAWAR, 24 January: Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan has ordered inquiry into the bomb [...]
- Rain, Snowfall Spell Continues In KP, FATAPESHAWAR, 24 January: The rain and snowfall spell continued in different areas of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa [...]
- Two Brothers Shot Dead In BajaurKHAR, 24 January: Two brothers have been killed in a firing incident in Khar tehsil [...]
- Swat Police, Polytechnic College Students Install Traffic Signal In MingoraSWAT, 24 January: Swat Police and the students of Polytechnic College has installed a traffic [...]
- Feeder At Mallagori Grid Station, Power Generator In Sheringal InauguratedSWAT, 24 January: A new power feeder in Mallagori grid station of Khyber Agency and [...]
- Three Children Die Of Measles In Mohmand AgencyGHALLANAI, 24 January: Three children have died of measles in Heleemzai tehsil of Mohmand Agency [...]
- Pakistan Slip To Sixth Position In ICC Test RankingsPESHAWAR, 24 January: Pakistan have slipped to sixth positon in the International Cricket Council (ICC) [...]
- Leader Of Mobile Snatchers Gang Arrested In PeshawarPESHAWAR, 24 January: Peshawar Police have arrested leader of a gang involved in snatching mobile [...]
- Reconciliatory Jirga Resolves 40-year Old Enmity In BajaurKHAR, 23 January: A re-conciliatory jirga successfully negotiated a decades-old enmity between two groups in [...]
- Baka Khel Elders Accuse DC, APA FR Bannu Of ‘selling’ Levy PostsBANNU, 23 January: Elders of the Baka Khel tribe leveled allegations of corruption on the [...]
- Tribal Elders Protest Against ‘humiliating’ Attitude Of ACS FataJAMRUD, 23 January: Tribal elders on Monday staged a boycott against what they called the [...]
Date: 20 Jan, 2017
The polio vaccination campaign, which was postponed in Khyber Agency last month, will begin from Monday. According to a statement issued from the office of the political agent, the officials of the administration, World Health Organisation (WHO), United Nations International Children Emergency Fund (UNICEF) and Emergency Operation Centre (EOC) held...
Date: 16 Jan, 2017
A three-day anti-polio vaccination campaign launched in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA) amidst tight security arrangements on Monday. The three-day campaign will cover all the districts of the province and Fata except Khyber Agency and Wana of South Waziristan Agency. The campaign will continue until Wednesday.
Date: 15 Jan, 2017
PESHAWAR: A three-day anti polio vaccination campaign scheduled to be launched in Khyber Agency and Wana from tomorrow (Monday) postponed for a week due to the possible resistance of the
Date: 15 Jan, 2017
The first polio vaccination campaign of the year 2017 will commence in FATA on Monday (tomorrow). The FATA Emergency Operation Centre said in a statement that the polio teams participating in the three-day vaccination campaign will get support of the political agents, commissioners, military and paramilitary troops.
Date: 10 Jan, 2017
The polio vaccination campaign in Khyber Agency was likely to be affected after death of some children attributed to the use of expired vaccine. The political administration organised a Jirga to remove misconception of people about polio vaccination in Jamrud on Monday which was attended by the tribal elders, security...
Date: 22 Dec, 2016
The polio vaccination campaign, which was suspended over security concerns on Wednesday, resumed on Thursday. Police in Shabqadar had arrested few suspects on Wednesday who confessed that they had made plan to target polio teams in Charsadda. All the polio vaccination teams were called back from Charsadda after that development.
Date: 21 Dec, 2016
At least two children died and eleven others were fainted apparently due to the reaction of anti-polio vaccines administered to them at a medical camp set up by non-government organization CERD in Shalobar area here on Wednesday. According to local residents, the children were administered vaccines in order to protect...
Date: 23 Nov, 2016
The three-day polio vaccination campaign kicked off in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and FATA on Wednesday. The KP Emergency Operation Centre (EOC) said 5,643,000 children below the age of five years in the province will be administered polio drops during the campaign. Twenty thousand polio teams will take part in the door...
Date: 18 Sep, 2016
A three-day polio vaccination campaign in Swat will begin on 26 September. Additional Deputy Commissioner Ghulam Saeed Khan said arrangements for the campaign have been finalised to administer polio drops to 450,000 children below the age of five years. He said 1,400 fixed and mobile teams will take part in...
Date: 11 Sep, 2016
Unidentified armed men shot dead in-charge of polio vaccination for Peshawar Town-2 Dr Zakaullah in Wahid Garhi area on Saturday. Dr Zakaullah was targeted by the armed men when he was coming out of mosque after offering prayers. Police said the assailants fled after committing the murder.
Date: 06 Sep, 2016
A meeting was organised at the office of political agent Mohmnad Agency to devise strategy to convince the refusing parents about the importance of polio vaccination. Officials of the World Health Organisation (WHO), United Nations International Children Emergency Fund (UNICEF), Health Department, political administration and local elders, Ulema and refusing...
Date: 27 Aug, 2016
The Emergency Operation Centre FATA has decided to launch a fresh vaccination campaign to control diphtheria in North Waziristan, South Waziristan and adjoining tribal regions. Director Health Services FATA Jawad Habib said at a meeting on Friday that vaccination for measles, hepatitis, pneumonia and polio will also be carried out...