- Bacha Khan University To Remain Close On Terrorists’ Attack First AnniversaryCHARSADDA, 16 January: The administration of the Bacha Khan University, Charsadda has decided to keep [...]
- Peshawar King Win T20 Cricket TournamentPESHAWAR, 16 January: Peshawar King has won the Malik Twenty20 cricket tournament which concluded here [...]
- Women Protest Against Load Shedding, Low Pressure Of Natural Gas In Karakhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2mULnCzYXg KARAK, 16 January: Breaking the stereotype, women on Monday came out of their homes and [...]
- IGFC Announces Cash Compensation, Job For Tribesman Injured By FC PersonnelJAMRUD, 16 January: The Inspector General Frontier Corps (IGFC) Maj. Gen. Mazhar Shaheen on Monday [...]
- One-day Salary Of Seven Teachers, Two Class-IV Employees Deducted For AbsenteeismJAMRUD, 16 January: The Education Department of Khyber Agency has deducted one-day salaries of seven [...]
- Australia Face Double Blow As Starc, Marsh Ruled Out Of Third ODIPESHAWAR, 16 January: Australia’s fast bowler Mitchell Starc and all-rounder Mitchell Marsh will miss the [...]
- Severe Cold, Unavailability Of Resources Claim Six Children In Landi KotalLANDI KOTAL, 16 January: Severe cold coupled with unavailability of resources in health facilities has [...]
- 37 Die As Turkish Cargo Plane Crashes In KyrgyzstanPESHAWAR, 16 January: At least 37 people were killed as a Turkish cargo airplane crashed [...]
- Bangladesh Captain Taken To Hospital After Being Hit By BouncerPESHAWAR, 16 January: Bangladesh cricket team captain Mushfiq ur Rahim was rushed to a hospital [...]
- Repatriation Of NWA IDPs From Afghanistan BeginsMIRANSHAH, 16 January: The repatriation of Pakistani tribesmen who migrated to Afghanistan from the North [...]
- Score Of Vehicles Stranded As Snow Block Lakpass Tunnel In BalochistanQUETTA: Score of vehicles stuck in different areas of Balochistan after Lakpass Tunnel linking Quetta [...]
- Winter Relief Items Distributed Among Poor In MardanMARDAN: The Zamung Jazbaa Welfare Society, a non-governmental organization, has distributed non-food relief items among [...]
Date: 16 Jan, 2017
The Inspector General Frontier Corps (IGFC) Maj. Gen. Mazhar Shaheen on Monday announced Rs50,000 cash compensation and a job for the tribesman who was injured in the firing of FC personnel a few days ago. A local tribesman Yousaf Afridi was injured in the firing of FC personnel when...
Date: 12 Jan, 2017
The political administration of Khyber Agency on Thursday distributed cheques of compensation amount among 200 tribesmen of the Malik Din Khel tribe. According to officials of the political administration, the compensation amount was given to those tribesmen whose houses were either completely or partially damaged during military operations.
Date: 09 Jan, 2017
Tribesmen in Sadda bazaar and Alizai area of the Kurram agency on Monday staged separate protest demonstrations against prolonged discontinuation of electricity supply. In order to make their protest more effective and attract widespread attention, the tribesmen in Alizai area beat drums and danced in traditional style during the...
Date: 08 Jan, 2017
The Tori tribesmen have refused to surrender arms to the government and announced to constitute a committee for negotiation with the government and the security forces. A jirga of the Tori tribe was held here on Sunday. Speaking on the occasion, tribal elders said the government had asked the residents...
Date: 05 Jan, 2017
The political administration of Kurram agency on Thursday distributed cheques of compensation amount among the owners of damaged houses. A ceremony was held in the Jirga Hall here in which political agent Ikramullah Khan gave away cheques of compensation amount to 218 tribesmen belonging to different parts of the...
Date: 24 Dec, 2016
The internally displaced persons (IDPs) from Dandy Darpa Khel area of North Waziristan agency here on Saturday protested against the government for delaying their repatriation to their homes. Led by Molvi Muhammad Roman, the protesting tribesmen marched from Jail Park to press club and chanted slogans against the government.
The recently returned tribesmen of South Waziristan agency have asked the government to establish facilitation centers in each tehsil of the agency as they had been facing hardships in getting financial assistance through the Prime Minister Cards. The local residents said that the facilitation centers had been established only in...
Date: 10 Dec, 2016
Tribesmen belonging to the Sipah tribe have urged the elected parliamentarians to undertake collective efforts for the resolution of their problems. The elders of the Sipah tribe had invited MNA Nasir Khan and MNA Shah Jee Gul Afridi to a jirga held here on Saturday. The tribesmen apprised the lawmakers that...
Date: 08 Dec, 2016
The Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf Khyber Agency chapter started a protest sit-in here on Thursday to press the federal government expedite the proposed merger of Fata in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. The dharna organizer Iqbal Afridi, PTI leader from Khyber Agency, while talking to reporters said they would not let the government and...
Date: 06 Dec, 2016
The political administration of the Mohmand agency has asked the elders of Safi tribe to hand over the wanted militants to the government within two weeks, otherwise stern actions would be taken against the whole tribe under the collective responsibility clause of the FCR. A letter issued by the local...
Tribesmen Fear Internal Fighting, Ask Government To Stop Reconstructing Shops Sans Landowners’ Consent
Date: 28 Nov, 2016
Elders of the Uthmanzai tribe of the North Waziristan agency have demanded of the government to stop reconstructing the demolished shops in the Miranshah bazaar as it could spark internal disputes among the members of different tribes. Mohsin Dawar, Malik Asharf Khan Dawar, Malik Shahzada Wazir, Malik Nekzali, Malik Doreen,...
Date: 24 Nov, 2016
Afghan tribal elders have assured the political administration of North Waziristan agency that they will provide accurate data of Pakistani tribesmen who migrated to Afghanistan due to the Zarb-e-Azb military operation within a fortnight. The assurance was given during a meeting held at the Zero point on Pak-Afghan border. Officials...