- Karak Police Fire Teargas Shells To Disperse Women ProtestersKARAK, 24 January: A large number of women on Tuesday blocked the Indus Highway in [...]
- Nisar Orders Inquiry Into Parachinar Blast Despite Prior WarningsPESHAWAR, 24 January: Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan has ordered inquiry into the bomb [...]
- Rain, Snowfall Spell Continues In KP, FATAPESHAWAR, 24 January: The rain and snowfall spell continued in different areas of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa [...]
- Two Brothers Shot Dead In BajaurKHAR, 24 January: Two brothers have been killed in a firing incident in Khar tehsil [...]
- Swat Police, Polytechnic College Students Install Traffic Signal In MingoraSWAT, 24 January: Swat Police and the students of Polytechnic College has installed a traffic [...]
- Feeder At Mallagori Grid Station, Power Generator In Sheringal InauguratedSWAT, 24 January: A new power feeder in Mallagori grid station of Khyber Agency and [...]
- Three Children Die Of Measles In Mohmand AgencyGHALLANAI, 24 January: Three children have died of measles in Heleemzai tehsil of Mohmand Agency [...]
- Pakistan Slip To Sixth Position In ICC Test RankingsPESHAWAR, 24 January: Pakistan have slipped to sixth positon in the International Cricket Council (ICC) [...]
- Leader Of Mobile Snatchers Gang Arrested In PeshawarPESHAWAR, 24 January: Peshawar Police have arrested leader of a gang involved in snatching mobile [...]
- Reconciliatory Jirga Resolves 40-year Old Enmity In BajaurKHAR, 23 January: A re-conciliatory jirga successfully negotiated a decades-old enmity between two groups in [...]
- Baka Khel Elders Accuse DC, APA FR Bannu Of ‘selling’ Levy PostsBANNU, 23 January: Elders of the Baka Khel tribe leveled allegations of corruption on the [...]
- Tribal Elders Protest Against ‘humiliating’ Attitude Of ACS FataJAMRUD, 23 January: Tribal elders on Monday staged a boycott against what they called the [...]
Tag "supreme court"
Date: 11 Jan, 2017
Governor Sindh, Justice(R) Saeed-u-Zaman Siddiqui died on Wednesday at the age of 78, a spokesman of the Governor’s House, Sindh said. Justice Saeed-u-Zaman Siddiqui, who remained Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, was appointed as the 21st governor of Sindh on November 11, 2016 replacing Ishrat-ul-Ibad who served the office...
Date: 31 Dec, 2016
President Mamnoon Hussain has administered oath to Justice Mian Saqib Nisar as 25th Chief Justice of Pakistan at a ceremony held here in Presidency on Saturday. Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, members of the cabinet, judges of the Supreme Court, and services chiefs were present on the occasion.
Date: 17 Dec, 2016
Terming the findings of the judicial commission one-sided, Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar has said he will challenge the report at every available forum. Addressing a news conference in Islamabad on Saturday the Interior Minister said respect was more important to him than any office. The minister said the judicial commission constituted...
SC Takes Suo Moto Notice Of Handing Over Of 12-year Old Girl In Swara, Asks DPO Lakki To Put Up Report
Date: 06 Dec, 2016
The Supreme Court of Pakistan on Tuesday took a suo moto notice of a news item regarding handing over of a 12-year old girl in swara in Lakki Marwat district of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. The human rights directorate of the apex court has issued a notice to the district police...
Date: 01 Dec, 2016
The Supreme Court has directed the federal government to hold population census in the country within two months from March 15 to May 15, 2017. A three-member bench of the apex court presided over by Chief Justice of Pakistan (CJP) Anwar Zaheer Jamali on Thursday ordered the federal government to...
Date: 24 Oct, 2016
A condolence reference was held in remembrance of the martyrs of the August 8 suicide attack in Quetta’s Civil Hospital in which 76 people including 56 lawyers were killed and many others injured. The reference was organized under the aegis of the Balochistan High Court. Supreme Court judge, Justice Qazi...
Date: 30 Aug, 2016
The Supreme Court of Pakistan has rejected the appeals of 16 terrorists who were awarded death sentences by the military courts. According to media reports, these terrorist were arrested for involvement in attacks on the Army Public School, Bannu Jail and security personnel and the military courts had awarded them...
Date: 29 Aug, 2016
The Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) on Monday filed a petition in the Supreme Court of Pakistan requesting the court to probe the revelations made in the Panama documents about the offshore properties of the Prime Minister and his family members. The PTI has also requested the apex court to disqualify...
Date: 19 Aug, 2016
A three-member bench headed by Justice Saqib Nisar also declared the government’s notification of increasing levy tax as null and void. The bench’s 80-page verdict declared that the government had the authority to increase or decrease taxes, however no bill could be presented in the parliament for approval without...
Date: 27 Jun, 2016
The Supreme Court of Pakistan has rejected a petition seeking lifting of ban on open sale of Bhang in the country. A citizen from Sindh, Amanullah Soomro had filed the petition in which he argued that Bhang is used for treatment of various diseases including sugar, blood pressure, kidney infection...
Date: 05 May, 2016
A total of 69,534 pilgrims will perform Hajj under the government scheme this year as the Ministry of Religious Affairs conducted the balloting in Islamabad on Thursday. Minister for Religious Affairs Sardar Muhammad Yousaf conducted the balloting. Speaking on the occasion, Sardar Yousaf said 2,80,617 applications were received under the government...
Date: 16 Mar, 2016
The Supreme Court on Wednesday allowed former President General (R) Pervez Musharraf to travel abroad. A five-member bench of the apex court gave the decision after hearing arguments from the lawyers of government and Pervez Musharraf.