- Karak Police Fire Teargas Shells To Disperse Women ProtestersKARAK, 24 January: A large number of women on Tuesday blocked the Indus Highway in [...]
- Nisar Orders Inquiry Into Parachinar Blast Despite Prior WarningsPESHAWAR, 24 January: Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan has ordered inquiry into the bomb [...]
- Rain, Snowfall Spell Continues In KP, FATAPESHAWAR, 24 January: The rain and snowfall spell continued in different areas of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa [...]
- Two Brothers Shot Dead In BajaurKHAR, 24 January: Two brothers have been killed in a firing incident in Khar tehsil [...]
- Swat Police, Polytechnic College Students Install Traffic Signal In MingoraSWAT, 24 January: Swat Police and the students of Polytechnic College has installed a traffic [...]
- Feeder At Mallagori Grid Station, Power Generator In Sheringal InauguratedSWAT, 24 January: A new power feeder in Mallagori grid station of Khyber Agency and [...]
- Three Children Die Of Measles In Mohmand AgencyGHALLANAI, 24 January: Three children have died of measles in Heleemzai tehsil of Mohmand Agency [...]
- Pakistan Slip To Sixth Position In ICC Test RankingsPESHAWAR, 24 January: Pakistan have slipped to sixth positon in the International Cricket Council (ICC) [...]
- Leader Of Mobile Snatchers Gang Arrested In PeshawarPESHAWAR, 24 January: Peshawar Police have arrested leader of a gang involved in snatching mobile [...]
- Reconciliatory Jirga Resolves 40-year Old Enmity In BajaurKHAR, 23 January: A re-conciliatory jirga successfully negotiated a decades-old enmity between two groups in [...]
- Baka Khel Elders Accuse DC, APA FR Bannu Of ‘selling’ Levy PostsBANNU, 23 January: Elders of the Baka Khel tribe leveled allegations of corruption on the [...]
- Tribal Elders Protest Against ‘humiliating’ Attitude Of ACS FataJAMRUD, 23 January: Tribal elders on Monday staged a boycott against what they called the [...]
Date: 23 Jan, 2017
Qaumi Watan Party (QWP) chief Aftab Sherpao on Sunday asked federal government to implement Fata reforms committee’s recommendation immediately and merge tribal areas with Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. Talking to reporters at Party central office in Peshawar, Sherpao said that the process should be completed as early as possible.
Date: 14 Jan, 2017
While rejecting FCR law and implementation of ‘Riwaj Act’ in the Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA), the tribal women jirga on Saturday demanded immediate merger of FATA with Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province. Tribal women hold jirga at Bacha Khan Markaz to discuss future status of FATA. Women from all tribal...
Date: 11 Jan, 2017
A “goodbye FCR” rally was held under the auspices of the Fata Students Organization (FSO) in Peshawar on Wednesday to press the federal government to expedite the process of reforms in Fata. Chanting slogans of “go FCR go”, the participants of the rally marched from Qayum Sports Complex to the...
Date: 10 Jan, 2017
The Fata chapter of the Pakistan Muslim League (N) on Tuesday asked the party leadership and the federal government to abolish FCR and merger the tribal belt in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. The demand was made during a public meeting held here regarding reforms process in Fata. As other political parties including PTI,...
Date: 10 Jan, 2017
A rally against the British-era law FCR was taken out by Afridi Students Union (ASU) here on Tuesday. The rally started from the Government College of Technology on Kohat road and after marching through different routes culminated near the Peshawar press club. The participants of the rally gathered outside...
Date: 09 Jan, 2017
Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) on Monday held a grand rally against the British-era law of Frontier Crimes Regulation here. Prominent leaders of the party including Haji Said Ahmad Jan, Dr. Khalil-ur-Rahman and Muhammad Saleem and large number of local tribesmen attended the rally. The participants of the rally chanted full-throat...
Date: 08 Jan, 2017
Jamiat-e-Ulema Islam (F) has announced to hold protest demonstrations in all tribal agencies against the proposed merger of Fata into Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. Addressing a public meeting here in the agency headquarter of Bajaur agency, Ameer of JUIF, Fata chapter Mufti Abd-u-Shakoor dispelled the impression that his party was favoring the...
Date: 07 Jan, 2017
Pakistan Muslim League (Nawaz), Fata chapter has announced to take out a rally in Peshawar on Jan 10 to put pressure on its party leadership to expedite the Fata reforms process. Speaking to reporters here at the Landi Kotal press club president of the PMLN, Fata chapter Faqeer Muhammad Afridi...
Date: 04 Jan, 2017
Activists of different political parties under the banner of Fata Political Alliance took out a rally against the Frontier Crime Regulation (FCR) here on Wednesday. The rally started from Tank bus station and after marching through different routes ended at Panwala square. Speaking on the occasion, leaders of different...
Date: 18 Dec, 2016
Opposing the popular demand of the tribal people regarding the abolition of FCR from Fata and its merger in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Maulana Fazal ur Rahman, Central Ameer of Jamiat-e-Ulema-e-Islam (F) on Sunday demanded holding of a referendum to ascertain opinion of the majority of the people. Addressing a tribal jirga...
Date: 18 Dec, 2016
Anti-FCR rallies and public meetings were held in different parts of the federally administered tribal areas on Sunday under the banner of Fata Political Alliance. According to our correspondents’ dispatches, the tribesmen in these gatherings strongly demanded the immediate merger of Fata in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. Our correspondent from Bajaur Agency’s headquarter...
Date: 15 Dec, 2016
The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly on Wednesday passed a resolution in support of merger of FATA with KP. The resolution was presented by the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) member Haider Ali which was passed with a majority vote.