- Bacha Khan University To Remain Close On Terrorists’ Attack First AnniversaryCHARSADDA, 16 January: The administration of the Bacha Khan University, Charsadda has decided to keep [...]
- Peshawar King Win T20 Cricket TournamentPESHAWAR, 16 January: Peshawar King has won the Malik Twenty20 cricket tournament which concluded here [...]
- Women Protest Against Load Shedding, Low Pressure Of Natural Gas In Karakhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2mULnCzYXg KARAK, 16 January: Breaking the stereotype, women on Monday came out of their homes and [...]
- IGFC Announces Cash Compensation, Job For Tribesman Injured By FC PersonnelJAMRUD, 16 January: The Inspector General Frontier Corps (IGFC) Maj. Gen. Mazhar Shaheen on Monday [...]
- One-day Salary Of Seven Teachers, Two Class-IV Employees Deducted For AbsenteeismJAMRUD, 16 January: The Education Department of Khyber Agency has deducted one-day salaries of seven [...]
- Australia Face Double Blow As Starc, Marsh Ruled Out Of Third ODIPESHAWAR, 16 January: Australia’s fast bowler Mitchell Starc and all-rounder Mitchell Marsh will miss the [...]
- Severe Cold, Unavailability Of Resources Claim Six Children In Landi KotalLANDI KOTAL, 16 January: Severe cold coupled with unavailability of resources in health facilities has [...]
- 37 Die As Turkish Cargo Plane Crashes In KyrgyzstanPESHAWAR, 16 January: At least 37 people were killed as a Turkish cargo airplane crashed [...]
- Bangladesh Captain Taken To Hospital After Being Hit By BouncerPESHAWAR, 16 January: Bangladesh cricket team captain Mushfiq ur Rahim was rushed to a hospital [...]
- Repatriation Of NWA IDPs From Afghanistan BeginsMIRANSHAH, 16 January: The repatriation of Pakistani tribesmen who migrated to Afghanistan from the North [...]
- Score Of Vehicles Stranded As Snow Block Lakpass Tunnel In BalochistanQUETTA: Score of vehicles stuck in different areas of Balochistan after Lakpass Tunnel linking Quetta [...]
- Winter Relief Items Distributed Among Poor In MardanMARDAN: The Zamung Jazbaa Welfare Society, a non-governmental organization, has distributed non-food relief items among [...]
Date: 11 Jan, 2017
Governor Sindh, Justice(R) Saeed-u-Zaman Siddiqui died on Wednesday at the age of 78, a spokesman of the Governor’s House, Sindh said. Justice Saeed-u-Zaman Siddiqui, who remained Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, was appointed as the 21st governor of Sindh on November 11, 2016 replacing Ishrat-ul-Ibad who served the office...
Date: 11 Jan, 2017
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Governor Iqbal Zafar Jhagra has assured the people of North Waziristan Agency to remove their reservations on the construction of Kurram-Tangi dam. The governor made this assurance in a meeting with a delegation from North Waziristan headed by Member National Assembly Muhammad Nazir Khan in Peshawar on Tuesday....
Date: 06 Jan, 2017
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Governor Iqbal Zafar Jhagra has abolished the FATA education rationalisation policy after it received negative response. The policy was introduced by the FATA Education Directorate in 2015 under which 561 schools, mostly primary schools, having low enrolment were closed.
Date: 05 Jan, 2017
Elders of the Aka Khel tribe of the Khyber Agency have demanded of the Governor Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and other government officials to recover their land what they said illegally occupied by the Orakzai agency tribesmen. Addressing a news conference in Peshawar press club the tribal elders threatened to raise a...
Date: 04 Jan, 2017
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Governor Iqbal Zafar Jhagra has approved Rs2 billion for welfare of internally displaced persons (IDPs) of FATA. Most of this amount will be spent in education and healthcare sectors. During a meeting of FATA Development Council at the Governor House in Peshawar on Tuesday, projects of establishment of...
Date: 23 Dec, 2016
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Chief Minister Pervaiz Khattak has asked Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif to call an all parties conference on the China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC). Talking to media persons after attending a meeting on CPEC in Islamabad on Thursday, Pervaiz Khattak said the KP government has given proposals to the...
Date: 22 Dec, 2016
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Governor Iqbal Zafar Jhagra has announced to resume the annual scholarships of tribal students. The governor made this announcement on the demand of the students on the occasion of concluding ceremony of Aman Sports Festival in Landikotal, Khyber Agency on Wednesday. The governor assured the students that the...
Date: 16 Dec, 2016
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Governor Iqbal Zafar Jhagra has announced to end the status of internally displaced persons (IDPs) of the people affected by law and order issues in South Waziristan Agency. According to a notification issued from the governor’s secretariat, instructions have been issued to the political administration of South Waziristan...
Date: 11 Dec, 2016
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Governor Iqbal Zafar Jhagra said on Saturday that the repatriation process of internally displaced persons (IDPs) will complete by the end of this month. Addressing a Jirga of tribal elders in Peshawar, the governor said FATA will be merged with Khyber Pakhtunkhwa in phases after approval of proposals...
Date: 07 Dec, 2016
The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Governor Iqbal Zafar Jhagra has said that due to FCR, the people of Fata were being deprived of their basic human rights. He was addressing a gathering held in connection with National Voters’ Day in Governors’ House here on Wednesday.
Date: 28 Nov, 2016
The newly elected office bearers of the Fata Olympics Association have demanded of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Governor Iqbal Zafar Jhagra to approve the Youth Policy for the tribal areas. Talking to TNN after getting elected as the vice president of the association, Engg Saiful Islam said the draft of the...
Date: 27 Nov, 2016
The Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Governor Iqbal Zafar Jhagra has said that it has been principally agreed that the colonial law Frontier Crimes Regulation (FCR) will be repealed in Fata at any cost. This he said while talking to a private TV channel on Sunday. “Majority of the people of the tribal areas...