- Karak Police Fire Teargas Shells To Disperse Women ProtestersKARAK, 24 January: A large number of women on Tuesday blocked the Indus Highway in [...]
- Nisar Orders Inquiry Into Parachinar Blast Despite Prior WarningsPESHAWAR, 24 January: Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan has ordered inquiry into the bomb [...]
- Rain, Snowfall Spell Continues In KP, FATAPESHAWAR, 24 January: The rain and snowfall spell continued in different areas of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa [...]
- Two Brothers Shot Dead In BajaurKHAR, 24 January: Two brothers have been killed in a firing incident in Khar tehsil [...]
- Swat Police, Polytechnic College Students Install Traffic Signal In MingoraSWAT, 24 January: Swat Police and the students of Polytechnic College has installed a traffic [...]
- Feeder At Mallagori Grid Station, Power Generator In Sheringal InauguratedSWAT, 24 January: A new power feeder in Mallagori grid station of Khyber Agency and [...]
- Three Children Die Of Measles In Mohmand AgencyGHALLANAI, 24 January: Three children have died of measles in Heleemzai tehsil of Mohmand Agency [...]
- Pakistan Slip To Sixth Position In ICC Test RankingsPESHAWAR, 24 January: Pakistan have slipped to sixth positon in the International Cricket Council (ICC) [...]
- Leader Of Mobile Snatchers Gang Arrested In PeshawarPESHAWAR, 24 January: Peshawar Police have arrested leader of a gang involved in snatching mobile [...]
- Reconciliatory Jirga Resolves 40-year Old Enmity In BajaurKHAR, 23 January: A re-conciliatory jirga successfully negotiated a decades-old enmity between two groups in [...]
- Baka Khel Elders Accuse DC, APA FR Bannu Of ‘selling’ Levy PostsBANNU, 23 January: Elders of the Baka Khel tribe leveled allegations of corruption on the [...]
- Tribal Elders Protest Against ‘humiliating’ Attitude Of ACS FataJAMRUD, 23 January: Tribal elders on Monday staged a boycott against what they called the [...]
Date: 22 Jan, 2017
Twenty-one militants, including three commanders, have laid down their arms in Dera Bugti, Balochistan, and joined the national mainstream. Security sources told TNN that three commanders of the banned Baloch Republican Army (BRA) along with their aides laid down their arms before the security officials and chief of Kalpar tribe,...
Date: 20 Jan, 2017
Kohat Police has initiated a campaign to collect illegal arms from the people on voluntary basis. Police said the residents of Usterzai submitted arms in huge quantity on the first day of the campaign. The arms which were submitted to the police on Thursday included rocket launchers, rocket propelled grenades,...
Date: 08 Jan, 2017
The Tori tribesmen have refused to surrender arms to the government and announced to constitute a committee for negotiation with the government and the security forces. A jirga of the Tori tribe was held here on Sunday. Speaking on the occasion, tribal elders said the government had asked the residents...
Date: 27 Dec, 2016
A huge cache of arms has been recovered from basement of a house in Kohat. Police said a raid was conducted on a house in Tora Warai area of Ustarzai situated near an Imambargah with the help of other security agencies and arms including anti-aircraft guns, rifles, explosive material and...
Date: 10 Dec, 2016
The security forces have recovered a huge cache of arms and ammunition in Karez area of Orakzai Agency. The security forces said the arms were recovered from a shop on Friday which included RPG-7, mortar shells and other ammunition. The owner of the shop has been arrested and further investigation...
Date: 17 Nov, 2016
The Peshawar High Court (PHC) has released a former police chief of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and account officer on bail in a Rs7.5 billion arms purchase scam. A two-member bench of the PHC headed by the chief justice heard the case on Wednesday and granted bail to former Inspector General KP...
Date: 09 Nov, 2016
The district administration of Peshawar has imposed Section 144 in the district as part of security measures to avoid untoward incidents. According to a notification issued from the office of Deputy Commissioner Riaz Mehsud, display of arms, use of unregistered, applied for registration and tinted glass vehicles will not be...
Date: 04 Nov, 2016
The political administration of South Waziristan Agency has demolished an arms market in Wana sub-division. Assistant Political Agent Wana Niaz Muhammad told TNN that the shopkeepers of the Mirza Alam arms market were informed through a Jirga to vacate the market after which the market was demolished on Thursday night....
Date: 27 Oct, 2016
The security forces have recovered a huge cache of arms during search operation in Yakka Ghund area of Mohmand Agency. The political administration said the search operation was conducted in Barch, Gul Tabra, Razi Killi and Banglo Killi on Wednesday during which 303 rifles, 33 Kalashnikovs, 66 short guns and...
Date: 19 Oct, 2016
Forty members of the rebel Baloch Republican Army (BRA) in Dera Bugti district in Balochistan have laid down their arms and accepted the writ of the government. Media reports said that these 40 men have also announced to sever ties with BRA chief Brahamdagh Bugti. They said Mr Bugti has...
Date: 11 Oct, 2016
Peshawar Police have foiled a sabotage bid in Peshawar and arrested two militants and recovered arms from their possession. Officials of Yakkatoot Police Station said the policemen on a check post stopped two suspects travelling on a motorcycle and recovered four hand grenades, two pistols and cartridges from their possession.
Date: 10 Sep, 2016
The Security forces have recovered a huge cache of arms and explosives during a search operation in Bara sub-division of Khyber Agency. The Frontier Corps (FC) spokesman said the arms recovered in Speen Qabar area include hand grenades, eight boxes of ball bearings, 32 improvised explosive devices, two light machine...